Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Squash soup with sage and honey



This recipe comes from a restaurant in Dartmouth which I have been over last weekend. I will talk about it when I return and have a few pictures to show as well, as it's really worth a try. In the meantime, this is one of the dish I ate. The recipe I am giving it's not the original, I have been inspired of course and although Paul had been very friendly to me, I didn't dare to ask for the recipe! The original recipe is called butternut sqash soup with sage and honey but I have used a big mama squash for mine and done a bit of improvisation on the quantities. The result is delicious, very much similar to the original.

Ingredients: 800gr big mama squash flash or butternut squash flash, 1lt vegetable stock, 10 leaf fresh sage, 4 Tbsp honey, dry sage, extra virgin olive oil

Cut the squash flash in big pieces, add them in a big saucepan with the vegetable stock. Cook for about 10 minutes or until soft. In a small saucepan, heat a bit of olive oil, add the sage and fry until crisp. Put both the sage and the squash in a mixer and blend well until smooth. Add more or less stock accordingly to your taste. Pour the soup back into the saucepan, add honey and simmer until dissolved. Serve hot sprinkled with dry sage if you have it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Isil Simsek dice...

Hi Fior,
hope you're doing well. I missed your posts :)

9:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous dice...

Fior, looking forward to your posts in English ;) keiko

4:13 AM

 
Blogger fiordizucca dice...

Hi Keiko and Isil!
I should really do something about this!! time time time, always time. Will catch up soon! :)

3:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous dice...

Where are you? we are missing you and your wonderful pictures!
Céline

7:10 PM

 
Blogger fiordizucca dice...

I Céline! :) I am (almost) back! :) hugs

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Jeanne dice...

Oh wow - that sounds fantastic! And I do adore butternut squash. Love the idea of adding sage as I'm sure the flavours complement each other beautifully.

6:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home