Monday, March 06, 2006

Potato and Parsnip Puree

Parsnip is a root similar to a carrot, although brown on the outside and white on the inside. I never had this in Italy, I actually don't think I have ever seen them in Italy or tested them. That is the beauty of travelling I guess, to discover what you would never think it even exists. In Italy we have vegetables that don't grow in England as well, and although I sometimes miss them, I still like to experiment with the things I have here. This is just a simple puree with potatoes. Goes well as a side dish or by itself.

Ingredients: 250gr parsnips, 400gr patatoes, 30gr butter, 4 Tsbp grate parmesan cheese, milk, nutmeg, salt

Boil potato and parsnip separately until tender.

Mash them and add milk, butter, salt.

Add grated cheese and milk accordingly until you get a smooth puree.

You can add nutmeg at this point, or sprinkle it at the end.

Serve warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home